torsdag den 29. januar 2009

Back to work

Yesterday my plaster cast was removed. I had looked very much forward to this day when I would start sewing again. However, not only the injured thumb but the whole hand and wrist was hurting and unable to move properly. Today it is a little better, but I realize that it will take some time before I am able to do the things I used to do.I still had to find the two unfinished bears I had lying waiting for my hand to get well:
I hope to be able to present the bears in a week or so.

I have a grey standard poodle called Fie. She is staying in my workroom whenever I am there and that is several hours a day. Our house was built as a grocer's general store 90 years ago. However, the store was closed some 25 years ago. We bought the house, whis is in a small village, about 2 years ago. My husband is renovating the house and a part of the old store has become my workroom. There is still a large window from the days of the store, and Fie enjoys spending time looking at the people and cars that are passing. It is nice to have a companion when you are working though she can be noisy when other dogs or cats pas the window. I also enjoy having this large window, it provides the perfect light for my work.



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar